Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday--A Different Perspective

"Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space."
Dave Barry

I am going to have to pay a little closer attention to those calendar memos I periodically received from home office. And then again...maybe not. Case in point Friday morning. While many were checking their credit card limits, firmly securing elbow pads (studs or spikes optional), girding (protecting) their loins and preparing for battle on the roads, in the parking lots, and in the aisles of their favorite retail Mecca I was looking at a less exciting and dangerous day on the road earning my paycheck. Later that afternoon when I called home office regarding a coverage issue I learned from the office answering machine that I had the day off. I have to say that on this occasion my typically male--What me ask for directions? Reading manuals (or memos) takes away the excitement of discovery--attitude actually paid off. I bet had had a much nicer day than most...........................
Truly The Road Less Traveled
This is a typical road on which I traveled on Black Friday. Note that there is not a car, traffic signal, speed limit sign, billboard, turn lane, or human being in sight. I truly enjoyed my day on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment