Sunday, October 11, 2009

From the Blue Ridge to My Backyard

"Come said the wind to
the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows
and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."
A Children's Song of the 1880's

This past week my travels took me to Nelson County and the Blueridge Mountains. I know some of you would question the use of the term mountain to describe the Blueridge but size isn't everything. From there I had to loop back through to Ruther Glen and then back home. Today I took an hour or so to visit my own backyard--Alum Springs Park.
Sunrise Coming Over the Mountains
"The gentle spirit of a new sunrise
Brings yellow and pink, then soft blue skies
Shapes of redwoods and delicate ferns
Emerge from the darkness as daylight returns"

No comments:

Post a Comment