Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Little of This and A Little of That........

"To dare everyday to be irreverent and bold. To dare to preserve the randomness of mind which in children produces strange and wonderful new thoughts and forms. To continually scramble the familiar and bring the old into new juxtaposition."
Gordon Weber

Today there is no theme or story to be told. Instead we will let the, "randomness of mind," rule the day and throw in a little irreverence to liven things up a bit.

A Blast from the Past
On the way to Bowling Green you will see this house just off the road. When this house burned down I was the adjuster assigned to the claim. That was over twenty years ago. Knowing how some of you feel about insurance companies I'd better make it clear that the claim was settled over 20 years ago. And yes we paid it.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a pyracantha bush? Wouldn't that be ironic? The fire-thorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had taken two geology classes I would have added a Geography degree to my resume. Have to admit I only took the math and science I had to take to graduate. Gardening is not one of my strong points and I would have to defer to others on the identity of the plant in question.

    ReplyDelete