Saturday, July 18, 2009

WANTED: A View from Outside the Fish Bowl

"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."

Oscar Wilde

I have come to notice that of those happy few who stop in here from time to time most are from outside the Fredericksburg city limits. Some are way outside, i.e., out of state, another coast or continent. Because you bring a different perspective to the table I am taking a slight detour from my travelogue (fear note I'm ready to take you down the Fredericksburg Turnpike) to ask a favor of you. Actually, more to the point, I want to ask your opinion...........








Mr. Cameron*, Paint this Wall!
There is a bit of a controversy in the burg involving the wall pictured above. It was installed for pedestrian safety. No one disputes the need for the wall. The issue involves the color, or should I say colors, of the wall. Should it be left alone or painted. I'm not looking for in depth analysis but rather your opinion regarding the painting issue. Our local reporter can't understand what all the fuss is about. Is she right? Or do we need to chip in for a book on color coordination for her? I'll post the pictures of the Fredericksburg Turnpike the beginning of the week to give you time to mull this one over. Comments would be greatly appreciated.
* Acting City Manager (That's a story for another day. Or more appropriately, another blog)

1 comment:

  1. It's a blot on the landscape, mimicking no stone known to man or beast. I'm sure whoever managed this project had the best intentions and trusted a color blind contractor who said he/she could make it look just like all the other stone walls in town. It can't get dirty fast enough.

    ReplyDelete