Friday, October 8, 2010

Another Opportunity to Ignore the Sensible Approach
Westmoreland Co. I spend a short period of my misbegotten youth in Westmoreland County. Back then after partying with friends you stayed off the main roads on the way home to avoid the local constabulary. Looking back now after 30+ years I would have to say it was pretty stupid to drive on unlit narrow winding roads after a six-pack or two. You were too intent on staying on the road and it was too dark to see anything. Being a bit nostalgic recently I decided to ignore the, "continue 5 miles and turn left on Rt. 3 west," coming from the Garmin (the sensible thing to do) and took a quick left onto Rt 624 which had been well traveled in my youth. But today I had the opportunity to see what I had missed all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment