Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Long Day-- A Time to Reflect

“There are places I’ll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I’ve loved them all.”

The Beatles

Break out the atlas. Spent Friday on the road. Starting in Colonial Beach then on to Locust Grove, then Partlow, to Stafford and home.

The first three photos were taken on Rt. 205 between Colonial Beach and Oak Grove. It is a route not traveled much unless you live in the area. There were threee memorials within a mile of each other..........

To the Statesman.........

Monument making the birthplace of James Monroe in Westmoreland County. Statesman, U.S Senator, President of the United States. On the signage on site, and on the monument itself, lists President Monroe's offices and accomplishments--except for one. It does not note that James Monroe served on the Fredericksburg City Council. I have big shoes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment