Saturday, September 26, 2009

Falling Off the Wagon

"If you would attain to what you are not yet, you must always be displeased by what you are. For where you are pleased with yourself there you have remained. Keep adding, keep walking, keep advancing."
Saint Augustine

Far be it for me to buck a saint. Especially with my Catholic upbringing. Also it's been raining all day, I pretty much caught up with my paperwork (translation--It can wait till tomorrow), and I've got some time on my hands. So accepting the sage advice of Saint Augustine I shall keep pushing buttons, sliding some bars and keep on moving forward enhancing photos. We are falling off the wagon boys and girls! Let's put the old lamp shade on our head, put down a few, and see what this computer can do. I did mention I'm Irish Catholic didn't I?
Up Yours Too Buddy!
Rt. 29, Culpeper County. I've have tried for months to get a photo of the flags and yellow ribbons on these signs up and down Rt. 29. On prior occasions there was someone behind me or too much traffic. On this day I decided to just put on the brakes and pull off the road. The guy behind me didn't appreciate this maneuver much and was quick to express it. Needless to say I had to respond in kind--rules of the road you know.
My eldest son served a tour in Afghanistan and Iraq with the 29th Division as a member of the VA National Guard. Came home safe and sound and is now finishing up his college education.

No comments:

Post a Comment