Thursday, September 10, 2009

A "Wrong" Turn--Rt. 663, Stevensburg & Batna Roads, Culpeper Co.

"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves."

Henry David Thoreau

Off to Culpeper this morning . My usual route is straight up Rt. 3 into Culpeper. My Garmin tells me that the best route into Culpeper is to take Stevensburg Road, Rt. 663, which takes me north of Culpeper to Rt. 29 and I would then have to turn south and come back into town. Usually I blow past Rt. 663, listen to my Garmin informing me it is, "recalculating" and head on down Rt. 3. Today I decided- What the hell- I'll make the turn. On the way back I made another what the hell decision and crossed back over Rt. 3 where Rt.663 turns into Batna Road just to see what was on the other side. And when I got home I thought to myself, what the hell, let's play with Photoshop again and see what happens..........
My Day Begins........
Fredericksburg--Before I brave the highways and by-ways of this great land I must make a pilgrimage downtown for my morning coffee. A view of my favorite morning "watering hole" at 7 a.m. coming down Princess Anne Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment