Sunday, September 6, 2009

Let's Try Again........

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted with taking the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan

....and so I continue to tinker with the scenes from my little piece of the world. Trying, and trying again to make you take a closer look, and take a little joy, from the world around you. To make landscapes and scenes invoke in those that see them a memory, an inspirational thought, or just provide a moment of serenity in a hectic world.........
How Much Longer?
310 Frederick Street,downtown Fredericksburg. This structure, which is actually two buildings, is 112 years old. In its day the building to the left had a coffee grinding operation in it. The adjacent building made candy. These building represent one of the few remaining original structures from the city's industrial past. A few years ago the owner was ordered to restore the buildings or tear them down. The resulting up roar when demolition was chosen resulted in months of negotiations for the purchase of the buildings by someone who would restore them. The buildings were subsequently purchased but as can be seen not much has been done. The new owner has submitted a plan to stabilize the buildings. Thought I would get a picture before it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment