Sunday, May 22, 2011


HORNY COWS, HER WORDS NOT MINE
Orange Co.-- I had arrived to inspect damage to a barn roof.  I was told by the matronly insured that the damage was on the pasture side of the barn and I needed to watch out for the "horny cows."  While most of my experience with bovines usual involved a bottle of A-1 steak sauce  this was not my first encounter with cows.  However it was to be my first experience with "horny cows." (Start humming the theme to "Jaws" here) As I crossed under the fence I noticed  that 1) these were in fact horny cows and 2) they all seemed to be staring at me. Then as I took a few steps forward to try and get a look at the barn roof the "horny cows" took a few steps towards me.  As I took a step the horny cows took a step and in about five more steps we were going to be up close and personal.  I began to get this feeling that I would be really pressing my luck if I turner my back on a bunch of "horny cows" (Again her words not mine). So I decided to walk backwards, back under the fence, and took my photos from inside the barn. Sorry boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment